- The .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Microsoft SQL Server™ 2005 Compact Edition are in the ROM of all Windows Mobile 6 devices.
The new emulation states of the device emulator including:
- AC power and battery power, and changes in battery charge level.
- A new Global Position System (GPS) test utility, FakeGPS .
- A new Cellular Emulator to test your application's behaviour in a variety of cellular scenarios such as incoming phone calls, incoming SMS messages, dropped phone calls, and dropped data connectivity.
- A Phone Profile Emulation supports three new phone profiles: headset, speakerphone, and car kit.
The new APIs:
- A newly added lightweight version of the Tablet PC's inking API, Windows Ink Services for Pen (WISP), allows you to incorporate ink-based features into your applications.
- The new sound API gives you the ability to play a variety of sound formats : MID, WMA, MP3, and WAV.
- The ScreenLib class is designed for reusability and build a application that dynamically adapts to device form factor differences.
The new system naming conventions:
- Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphone <-> Windows Mobile 6 Standard
- Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC Phone Edition <-> Windows Mobile 6 Professional
- Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC <-> Windows Mobile 6 Classic
This utility provides a way to perform this kind of stress testing.
- Local Server Framework
The Local Server Framework is tools and classes designed to simplify testing mobile applications that rely on communication with remote servers (set up a virtual network...).
- WM5.0 SNAPI + information for (VoIP) phone calls including the phone number, operator name, and more.
- device locking information.
- possibilities to change keypad lock state, device lock state, and SIM lock state.
For more details check out this link: